I am sick of the liberals talking points concerning the intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war. Since the Scooter Libby indictment the dems have orchestrated an attack on the Bush administration. They were hoping that the indictment of members of the Bush Administration would help fuel the fire, but with only one indictment and on lesser charges, the dems decided to roll out their attacks. Along with claims of corruption, the dems are now saying that the Bush Administration manipulated the pre-war intelligence leading up to the Iraq War.
Since the Bush Administration to this point has remained passive and not attacked this dishonest rhetoric I would like to respond for them. I will make the following points.
1) The same assertions that the Bush administration made about WMD, were made by the Clinton Administration. Clinton claimed that Saddam was a major threat.
2) Members of the intelligence committees have were privy to the much of the same raw intelligence that the Administration had in the run up to the Iraq War, yet not one Democrat on those committees ever even questioned the intelligence.
3) Even the most liberal Democrats supported the war. Both Kennedy and Kerry initially supported action against Iraq. They therefore have no intellectual footing to be able to really say they are opposed to the war.
4) Just about every western country had the same intel with regards to WMD in Iraq. The UK, Germany, France and Russia all had the same intelligence that Iraq was hiding WMD. In fact much of the US's intel was based on foreign intelligence services, since liberals had stripped the CIA of its human intelligence capabilities over the past twenty years through budget cuts.
5) WMD was not the only justification for going to war with Iraq. The US used WMD to justify its actions to the United Nations. Remember that the threat was that Iraq was a part of the Axis of Evil that was helping to sponsor terrorism around the world, and that Iraq's sponsorship of global terrorism posed an imminent threat to the United States.
6) While the 9/11 report stated there was no connection between Iraq and the 9/11 attacks, the report did NOT state that there were no connections between Al Qaida and Iraq. In fact there are several reports out there that back up the assertions that members of Iraq's secret police had met with members of Al Qaida in the past few years. And there are stories out there that do loosely link Al Qaida with the terrorists involved with the 9/11 attacks.
These are just a few true points that the world needs to be reminded of. I will post more later.
Recently the New York Times published an Op-Ed of a Palestinian who describes the deplorable conditions that he says exist in Israeli prison...
While i am not a full on #nevertrump person, I am as close to that as possible. The only reason I can see myself voting for Donald Trump in...
Someone posted to Facebook the following clip from the 60's TV Show Dragnet. You can click on the link to watch it. It is interesting th...
This election has divided not just the Republican party but the conservative movement. I listen to a lot of talk radio (when I can). I for...